I am grateful to be a woman of 2017!
If I was a woman of 1300s, I could have been inspired by Rani Padmavati & her courage, but I doubt if I would have got to heard about her any time sooner.
If I was a woman of 1800s, I might have fought besides Rani Lakshmikbai, but I am not sure if I would have been exposed to warfare & weapon training the way she was.
I feel lucky that I am the woman of 2017 – Have so much inspiration around & so much access to information. So, what makes me grateful to be a woman of 2017? Well, here is a list of few things that are top most on my list.
- I have access to gamut of information because of Internet. I remember my dad telling me about the time he was in his youth, to find a reference or any information, they had to go to the library, spend hours to look an information up & yet it was not guaranteed to find answer to your questions.
- Today’s woman has a voice of her own. The have opinions, views and are not afraid to voice them. As a kid when I saw Pooja Bhatt’s poster saying “My Body, My Choice” I might have freaked out (Blame it on maturity level of a less than 10-year-old kid) but today when I hear Kangana Ranaut in a parody talking about how she is not getting equally paid “Coz I have vagina.” it provokes a thought & I can openly discuss & write about it.
- I have access to better job opportunities than my parents even had, I am more likely to be paid equally well as a man and now I can avail 26 weeks of maternity leave (Not that I intend to (Rolling my eyes))
- You don’t necessarily have to be a teacher, a nurse, a receptionist or a housewife in today’s time. You could be a YouTuber, a car mechanic, a cab driver, a business women, a micro finance expert or whatever is that you want to be.
- I can go out on a vacation with friends leaving my husband & kids behind without being labelled or judged (well, by most people (rolling my eyes again))
- Today’s woman can not be a good cook & still be the best wife, daughter, mother & daughter in law.
So, do you think you are lucky to be born in this age & era? If yes, Why? And if not, Why not?
Suggested Reading – Read a story about hope & success – Maa Durga, You Finally Listened!!!
I am taking my Alexa Rank to the next level with Blogchatter.